Sunday, November 14, 2010

Shout out to book bloggers indie authors and whoever else I F*cking want.

OK. SO no sexy stories here today folks sorry to disappoint. As many of you may have figured out from my blogs I am an avid reader and aspiring indie author. I am currently working on two books neither complete and ready to publish. I am also working on a website currently for people to be able to contract with me to write letters, whether it be business, love, threats...etc. You may not have figured here from my careless banter that I actually have a knack for business writing. As any of my former employers will tell you (Aside from the last one) I was always the first person they went to when they needed a letter. I have had many letters to the editor published on subjects I am passionate about etc etc. Basically I may not be able to form a coherent sentence here folks, but in letters I am extremely articulate. So what I am saying in my own random way is. I support the bloggers, the indie authors and even the publisher backed authors. I am going to list a few of my favorite authors on the side of my blog going forward because I am sure this business is hard. People don't become rich writing books (well most people). They do it because they love it. They do it because there is something incredibly satisfying when someone identifies with something you write. Its an absolutely amazing feeling. Especially when you yourself are so invested in the stories you tell and the characters you create.

Two authors have really surprised me lately. The first being Charlie Carillo. I read both Raising Jake, and One Hit Wonder. They both were kindle freebies. As kindle freebies go it's kind of a crap shoot. You may have some lousy author just trying to get up the bestselling list or you may have a story that nearly knocks your socks off. Charlie Carillo did that for me. I am not going to review each book individually but lets just say growing up near the NYC and understanding the family dynamics helped me immediately identify with his characters and learning to cope with dysfunctional families. His stories were well written, funny and held some life lesson, but most off all I was incredibly entertained. Now Mr. Carillo isn;t an Indie Author from what I could find on the Internet. He is the good all published kind, but even so they both kept me so incredibly entertained. Having New Yorkers for family members I couldn't laugh at all the similarities in the family dynamics.

Ok Next I know there has been hype of this book and it doesn't need my help but on a personal note I wanted to talk about it. Sh*t my dad says by Justin Halpern is great. I lost my father when I was very young but I can only imagine what he would have said as he got older. The book makes me long for my own fathers inappropriate sense of social norms and really displays a loving father son relationship. It makes me wistful for that type of relationship with my own father and sad that I never got one. Its funny and charming and so incredibly inappropriate at times it had me in tears. So I thank you Mr. Halpern (both generations). For making me laugh and cry and miss my dad like crazy. For those who say that sounds a little masochistic. I don't want to forget the man I adored as a child and I find myself forgetting more and more the older I get.

Also I just wanted to mention my favorite blogger at the moment Miss Kindle Obsessed! www.kindleobsessed.com As a fellow kindlite who is reading obsessed to the point where Mr. X feels I should join a 12 step group I have to say I appreciate and love the fact that there is someone out there who is so obsessed that she took it to the next level. To any of my fellow obsessive readers out there. Her blog is incredibly useful.

To all my indie authors who I love and forget about I am going to add a favorite author section to my blog layout so that no one feels forgotten. Also as I discover my new fellow bloggers I will also add you here too. I am starting to feel such a sense of camaraderie and support among bloggers. I love it. Its a community and its awesome..... SO love you all!!

P.S. I take requests on stories....so if you are an avid reader and saw that I mentioned something in passing please let me know you want to hear more. I often forget what I have an haven't shared yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment