Thursday, November 25, 2010

Where it all went.

Ok so you may have noticed 36 blogs have been deleted. I did this as it was always meant to be an anonymous forum, once Mr. X was in on the party it just seemed like the blogs weren't meant to be read anymore. He has read them and he was none to pleased with me. So out of respect I deleted everything but 3. That doesn't mean I won't revisit old stories or fun anecdotes; however I am likely to discuss with Mr. X before posting.

On to a different note. Today is Thanksgiving and I have a lot to be thankful for. As many of you know this has been a tough year for me. My 30th birthday marked a sequence of events that let to my job loss and subsequent struggles. I am still in a battle in the regards that unfortunately does not seem to be going away either. My former employer is evil. I can't even begin to describe it. They are worse than the absolute worse movie villain. They are set on destroying a person. Can you even imagine a business trying to do that to someone? If their customers only knew what they were capable of! They however haven't been on the winning end of these battles lately which pleasing to me has only made them more enraged and dedicated to their campaign against me. I am thankful for this though. They taught me a valuable lesson, more than one really. Research your potential employer, and go with your first instincts. Even if you are desperate for a job nothing is worse than taking a job and realizing you have just made a colossal mistake. If I had researched them prior to accepting the job I would have seen sites on the Internet which had horrendous stories about them. Also if I went with my initial instinct I would have walked out of that place my first day of training. Something felt wrong from the start. So I am thankful. I am also thankful that I got to meet some awesome people there who I now call friends.

I am thankful for my family. My neurotic dog and Mr. X make me want to be home more and appreciate the fact that I have a job that allows that schedule now.

I am thankful that I have my family around even if it is freezing cold in this stupid state. I am thankful I still have friends in California that I can always go back and visit.

So this Thanksgiving lets all try to look on the bright side. I am sure many of us have had a tough couple of years; however there is always a silver lining, and remember when you hit rock bottom you have no where to go but up!

2 comments:

  1. While I'm very sad that your privacy was invaded and Mr. X is now privy to all, I so hope that does not stop the inspiration for your tales that keep your audience cheering, cringing, and laughing so hard I admit I nearly peed. (I think it was the swinger's club, and I'm sorry but I have to live vicariously at this point in my life!)
    This reader specifically loves ALL things you write and is absolutely certain I will buy a book with your name on the cover, a cute pic on the back, and a really cute dedication. Please don't put out the fire!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You for your wonderful words. I will certainly not stop sharing my outrageous stories! This will just be a new starting point.

    ReplyDelete